Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mixed Media Monday ~ Stripes and Polka Dots



I'm getting better...it's only Tuesday and I have my piece for the Mixed Media Monday challenge all finished! It was easy with stripes and polka dots as the prompt. Anyone who has seen my earlier work knows that my gals often wear the signature striped stockings; I knew in an instant that those would be featured in my piece for this challenge. I decided to go "really tall" and give this gal some extra long gams. She was so much fun to make that I might have to give her some friends the next time I get time in my studio :)

Available in my Etsy shop.

© Nancy Lefko

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, Nancy - such fun! Love those looooong legs :-) Diane

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Such a fabulous creation Nancy. I had to smile at the term "gams" I was just telling two people a story about the first time I heart that word (back in the 70's) and had not a clue what it meant......Longggg wonderful 'Legs'

Ginger*:) said...

I LOVE this one!

It made me smile first thing this morning.

You have a gift for making your collages stand out from all the others, and this one certainly takes your work to new heights!

Unknown said...

oh what fun...I love her long and striped legs...wonderful work Nancy!!!

Hugs
Diana

Femmy said...

great!! love her long legs!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Love those Pippi Longstocking legs! What a wonderful composition and saying. Thanks for sharing and Happy Spring!

Annette Q said...

What a lovely idea!

Ozstuff said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog because now I have found yours. This card is wonderful. I love the girlie with the never-ending legs.
I see you are from New Hampshire. A few years ago I had the privilege of travelling around the New England states in autumn. Here in south-western Australia where I live we don't have a change in colours except in some exotic trees. Our winters are mild so everything stays green.
I have to tell you that I have a special place in my heart for New Hampshire which I thought so beautiful.

Janny said...

Lovely piece.Great these legs;o)

Dragon said...

Oh I LOVE her long legs... great stuff
xx

stephencoley said...

Nice collage, really nice.

Not too complicated, not too simple :-)