Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"Mix It Up with Melange" and "Mixed Media Monday" Challenges



As a busy mother of three I find it necessary to be fastidious with time management...therefore I have created one piece of art to answer the calls of two challenges this week. Hey, a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do :)

This mixed media collage is my response to the ON THE BEACH prompt from Mixed Media Monday and the FUN prompt from Mix It Up with Melange.

"the girls always had fun on the beach"...works for me :)

I encourage you to visit the challenge blogs and take part in the fun or at the very least look at all the wonderful art submitted by participants.

This collage is available in my Etsy shop.

© Nancy Lefko

18 comments:

Silke Powers said...

I love this piece!! And living by the beach, I know this is true!! :) And thanks for the links - I'll have to check them out. :)Silke

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

Gorgeous piece...it makes me long for a trip to the beach!

Risa said...

Very nice! The beach is always a great place for fun!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Right on! Time management is key and this piece is delicious! Thanks for sharing.

Artsnark said...

great piece, Nancy! Really love the background

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous. So wonderful art. Love them.

Rosie said...

It's a fab piece Nancy! I sympathise with you re: time management... I once made a piece that worked for 5 challenges!! In fact, often, one challenge leads to a more inspirational piece for another. =)

Unknown said...

Wonderful collage! I love the message :)

Hey - great job of multi-tasking here too ;) lol

My Creative House said...

Lovely image and colours.

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Oh me too, on a trip to the coast. What a great piece for the them. Love it.

Anonymous said...

This is really lovely! Love the colours! Diane

whyte said...

Love it Nancy! Wonderful collage!

Kathy said...

Very nice Nancy, lovely~
A ride on a swan....who could resist.

Elizabeth Parsons said...

I love how you have the shells and star fish with the lettered background- another layer of interest to a beautiful picture!

eBeth

Chrisy said...

This background works wonderfully...and the beach is always a fun place isn't it...sandcastles, shells, water...heaven!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Not only a great artist, but a time thrifty one too! I could learn a thing or two from you! A lovely piece. Enjoy your weekend.
marsha

Edrian said...

I love your collage work. It is so unique and fun!

Karen Valentine said...

Kids, and the beach...What's more fun that??? Great piece!!! I've been an admirer for a while!