Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thank You, Mere



A very special thank you to the wonderful artist Victorian Lady for bestowing on me a lovely art award. It comes at a particularly opportune time, as my ebay sales have been flat and that always translates into self-doubt. The comments that I receive here, and something like this sweet award, are the things that keep me going and I feel so very blessed to be part of a community of supportive artists.

So here is what the award is about:

"This prize has arisen from the daily visits that I dedicate to many blogs which nourish me and enrich me with creativity. In them I see dedication, creativity, care, camaraderie, but mainly, ART, much art. I want to share this prize with all those bloggers who entertain and enrich me every day. Doubtlessly, there are many and it will be hard to pick just a few. The people I will name today deserve this prize, as do the very long list of bloggers I also enjoy to read. I will name the first four and will leave the rest of the work to all the bloggers who visit other's blogs and are nourished by them."

kelly rae roberts

roberta baird

claudine hellmuth

candace trew camling

The rules of passing on this award are simple:

Post the award on your own blog and link to its origin

Link to those to whom you pass the award

8 comments:

kelly rae said...

oh nancy, you are too nice. thank you for this! i love coming over here from time to time to see what you've been up to! thank YOU for YOUR inspiration!!

Candace Trew Camling said...

Thanks for the award! It made my day. I had a really craptacular day today!

Roberta said...

Thanks Nancy! I feel the same about you and your wonderful work!I always know I'll enjoy my visit to your blog!

The Artful Eye said...

Nancy- I love your collage fairy for "Multiple" IF theme and congratulations on such a beautiful award.

Thank you so much for the visit and kind words.- Andrea

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award. You deserve it muchly! (I know muchly is not a word, it just sounded good at the time.)

claudine hellmuth said...

oh thank you! I will pass on the kindness!!

Unknown said...

congrats on the award Nancy!!! you definately deserve it...

Hugs!
Diana

Victorian Lady said...

You SO deserve this!! :) I remember when I first found you, I was blown away! I don't know if you remember, but I emailed you before I started blogging looking for the collages you did on sewing, but they were already sold. I love the way you put everything together...your backgrounds are fantastic too! I keep looking at your listings...waiting for one about sewing...maybe with something about passing on the tradition. I'm teaching my 6 year old this weekend on her very own child sized black singer with gold swirls! How fun is that? It's such a valuable ability and I want her to have it, and to maybe think of me the way I think of my mom when I sew. :)

Okay, this comment is getting long, but I wanted to say your drawings are AMAZING! And I love your latest collage...marriage really is a leap...to take on that commitment to work on it everyday. Great job! :)
Mere