Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day Journaling


A snow day...a no school day...still has an allure all these years later. Because when the kids can enjoy a lazy day, my frantic pace slows a bit too. I can take some time in my studio, prep a canvas and create a couple of journal pages.


These two pages were inspired by workshops taken with Pam Carriker. The "Shades of Gray" class, via Creative Workshops that I finished quite a while ago and the current "Recycled Journal Pages" Workshop via the Visual Journal Online Workshop Series by Strathmore Artist Papers.

As always, I am most grateful for Pam's inspiring workshops!

© Nancy Lefko

4 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

I didn't have much uninterupted time in the studio today with the kiddo's home on their 2nd snow day of the month, but I can enjoy what you did! :)

michelle renée bernard said...

Beautiful work, Nancy! Love your handwriting. Also, congrats on the Art at the Speed of Life project! I have to get that publication for sure!

Sueann said...

Yes! To dream, create...imagine!! That is our purpose for sure!
Love your journal pages.
Hugs
SueAnn

Motherkitty said...

Nancy ~

Very nice. I like the shading you added that give the pages more depth.