Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Work-in-Progress


Today I took some time to work on a canvas that I'd sketched out in my idea journal quite some time ago. After the application of paper, rolling on acrylic paint with a brayer is one of my favorite techniques.


Rather than waste paint, I rolled the extra on my Magic Foam Stamp and created a texture-rich background on a journal page.


Add a little more texture and design by printing with bubble wrap...


...and then corrugated cardboard (thanks to Dunkin' Donuts coffee sleeves :)


A section of green acrylic finishes off today's work on this canvas. Stay tuned to see the completed piece.

Happy Sunday!

© Nancy Lefko

3 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

great background and i love how you used the leftover paint on the journal page (love the colors, too!)

Lisa M Griffin said...

what a wonderful process and so many goodies to create fun and colorful textures. thanks for sharing.

Sueann said...

Fabulous hun!!!
Hugs
SueAnn