Friday, February 10, 2012

Magic Stamps, Gelli Arts Plate & More


Awhile back I ordered a Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate but had yet to make time to try it out. However, when I was lucky enough to win Magic Stamps from Joan at the Gelli Arts blog, I just had to try out the stamps with the printing plate and create textured backgrounds in my art journal.


The stamps are easy to use, super fun to play around with and work absolutely great with the gel plate. My favorite stamp was created with a strand of pearls; it made a stamp with deep little circles.



I made a print in my journal with gold acrylic paint and also printed directly with the stamps themselves; I followed that with a generous spritz of turquoise Glimmer Mist.


Another new tool I used on this journal page was the Wite-Out fluid correction pen. I'm always searching for a really great white pen to use in my journals and this one, although not really a "pen," glides easily over the acrylic paint and works great!


Needless to say, I had a lot of fun playing in my journal today with new tools, new stamps from my friend Pam Carriker and a great new "pen." I love Fridays!


© Nancy Lefko

4 comments:

whyte said...

I have come so close to ordering both the Gelli plate and the moldable stamps.....then back off because I convince myself I do not need one more new idea and more "stuff" in my art life, but now you've tempted me again. I love what you did with both on your journal pages!

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Like you, I am always searching for the Good White Pen. Thanks for the tip. Getting one today.

Nancy Kelley said...

Love the finished product - really love it. So glad you put the Gelli plate AND the MagicStamps to good use!

whyducks said...

Great work! I buy white pens and then the fairies always come and hide them, but never the coloured ones!