Monday, December 5, 2011

A Gift to Me!


This arrived in the mail today....this sweet little bag hinted of something glorious inside. And glorious she is!


I know that this is the time of year to be shopping for others, but really, I just could not resist. I saw this amazing assemblage necklace in Kecia Deveney's Etsy shop and I was smitten...big time. I visited her every day and tried to think logically...."It's Christmas...the season of giving...you can't be shopping for yourself!"


And as I stopped by the shop every day to see if she was still there, a payment to my Paypal account for the exact amount (more or less) arrived and I knew it was a sign. I didn't let too much time pass before I scurried over to Kecia's shop and clicked on my mouse. Funny though, I still felt just a smidgen of guilt. Kecia's words took those feelings and set them aside.

"Do not feel guilty. We as mothers, wives and instructors are in a constant "give" mode. Sometimes we have to give to ourselves to make the circle complete. You've been good to yourself today and that's just fine!"

Thanks Kecia, I needed to hear that.


Run, do not walk, to Kecia's shop. She is an amazing talent and a wonderful soul. The card attached to the necklace says, "MADE WITH LOVE." I know that is true!

2 comments:

QueenBe said...

Kecia was right.... and you do deserve to give yourself something special Nancy. I'm glad you found that special piece. It's a beauty!

Sueann said...

Love the necklace and she is right...you should always give to yourself. It is required!!
Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn