Saturday, February 27, 2010

Illustration Friday ~ PERSPECTIVE


This week at Illustration Friday the prompt is PERSPECTIVE. I do believe this little lady has an interesting perspective on life.

When I read this quote, I just knew it was a collage in the making. It was just too good to resist. I played in my studio making this small collage, as I watched the snow pile up outside, adding the punch of color I've been needing to get me through the last weeks of winter.

I know I will revisit this quote for another collage sometime soon. It's just too good to resist.

Collage available in my Etsy shop.

© Nancy Lefko

10 comments:

Midwestie Lady - Linda said...

The little girl fits the quote perfectly - love the colors too!

Artsnark said...

Another winner, Nancy! Fun Fun piece

studio pashnada said...

FUNNY!!
it's said that we females are our most true selves around ten - haven't started changing to try to please
don't know if boys still have cooties when girls are ten these days tho

Sueann said...

Love that quote!! Sometimes I think the boys still have cooties! LOL!!
Wonderful collage! Love the colors
Hugs
SueAnn

Jessie said...

Entertaining and beautiful. A perfect combination!!

Ginger*:) said...

Such a wise child. The collage is wonderful. I like the close up of the little girl and the way you created the lettering to lead to her sly smile.

You can let her know that this spring..clothes will not have to match!
You can pair plaids with prints and be right in style.
Blue goes with green and red with pink.
Hats are out, but helmets are in.
Cowboy boots have glitter and feathers, and
all is well within the closet.

Vicki Smith said...

I love the quote and that adorable little face. Hey, I had forgotten all about cooties.

carga said...

very nice collages...as usual

Indigene said...

This tickled me so much! And it is so true! I love it, as usual. It is Fabul! :)

julie king said...

love this!! but i have to say that every once in a while i like to be a rebel and still wear clothes that don't match!! hee hee