Friday, August 22, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday ~ Create Against the Clock


The challenge this week at Inspire Me Thursday is to gather supplies and create for 10 minutes. When time is up, gather the same materials and create for one hour. The above work in progress is all that I could accomplish in 10 minutes. It's amazing how fast that time flew by!

The work in progress pictured below is what I could accomplish in the span of an hour. Neither collage is complete, but as you can see I did get a little further.


This exercise made clear to me just how much time it takes to bring a piece from idea to finished collage. Even one hour is not nearly enough time.

I will be sure to post both collages in their finished stage.

© Nancy Lefko

4 comments:

Fannie said...

Excellent, Nancy! This sounds like a great challenging group. Love your pieces!

Have a great weekend.

Lisa Rivas said...

I love both of them and the color choices are wonderful.
I am not even going to go to the time issue. Art is love that is what I concluded after all these years.
Maybe I will get up real early tomorrow and do this excercise, it's a challenge!
I admire you for having done it :) :)

soulbrush said...

oh yes i can well imagine how long these would take, not like my scribbles, such intricate work you do, like it lots.

Deb G said...

I like what you've done. An hour didn't seem long enough to me either....