Thursday, November 22, 2007

Busy Day





Yesterday, after baking pies and completing other pre-Thanksgiving duties, I promised myself some time in my studio. Things didn't start off well. I dropped a cutting mat which fell on my cup filled with water and paintbrushes, which spilled all over text that had been awaiting collages and also in the process my clock fell off the wall and broke. It was one big ill-fated domino effect. I tried to remain calm, but I was really, really mad. I commenced to cleaning up and scooped up all the ruined text and threw it away without even looking to see what I had lost...I didn't want to know. It was good that I was able to remain calm, because if I had gotten upset then there wouldn't have been any productive art time. I was able to finish the three collages pictured and also begin work on two larger pieces, but I was still feeling the effects of the "spill" because I was a bit clumsier than usual. In any event, at least I was productive and now these three collages are listed on Ebay. Just when I got through complaining that Ebay had been so slow, suddenly my art has been red hot. I know...it probably won't last after the holidays, but it sure is fun for now !! Happy Thanksgiving to all...enjoy all those leftovers !!

© Nancy Lefko

No comments: