Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Spring Art Journal from Start to Finish


Creating an art journal following Pam Carriker's journal-making directions from "Art at the Speed of Life," has proven to be quite the enjoyable undertaking. So enjoyable that I made it a year-long project, creating a journal for each season.

When the first warm and sunny day of Spring arrived, I headed outside with my gathered supplies and added color and design elements to sheets of 90 lb. watercolor paper, then turned those sheets of paper into a journal with a simple pamphlet stitch.


As the trees leafed out and the world outside my window grew greener every day, I didn't have far to go for inspiration.


With the arrival of the warm weather, my thoughts often shift to the spring fashions and the bright colors of the season.


Spring also means the return of the animals and the opportunity for all of us to venture out into the great outdoors again. I celebrated all that Spring has to offer with each journal page.






As the weather warms up, the children's minds begin to drift outside the classroom to the wonders of the upcoming summer vacation.



Really, everything about the season is rejuvenating!














And before long, we are all too ready for summer and all that it has in store.


It has been a most rewarding journaling exercise...one that I'll continue in some fashion as I create many more 6 x 6 art journals.


© Nancy Lefko



No comments: