Thursday, November 12, 2009

More Artful Goodness


Imagine my surprise and delight when I found this charming piece of art in my mailbox today. The immensely talented Roberta Baird, whom I have known in blog-land for quite some time, was inspired by one of my collages to create this cutie. What a delightful treat!

Roberta and I were two of many artists involved in an Art Exchange. I had no idea who would wind up with my name on their list, but I am ever so happy that it turned out to be Roberta.

The kindness I have found in the online art world never ceases to amaze me. Folks whom I have never "met" and probably never will, go out of their way to spread sunshine in my life. Thank you, Roberta. I feel truly blessed. Do yourself a favor and visit Roberta's website. She has the most wonderful artwork to share and she is always creating something new.

The collage that inspired Roberta can be found below, and what d'ya know, it's available in my Etsy shop.



Image © Roberta Baird
Collage © Nancy Lefko

5 comments:

Brenda Lynn said...

That's the most seductive rodent I've ever seen! LOL. Seriously, yes, it's amazing the bonds we can build without ever "meeting". They're very important to me as well.

whyte said...

Love both pieces, your's and Roberta's! Oh I'm laughing being an oyster connoisseur and big fan, others will understand "months with R"! Thanks for sharing, Nancy!

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy!!!

oh what fun !!! Roberta is such a talented artist and illustrator!!!

and I love your piece that inspired Roberta ...

Hugs
Diana

Artsnark said...

Great fun!

QueenBe said...

It certainly looks lie you have been busy, judging by your blog. Love all your new work! Happy creating Nancy!