Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Pico Award



My genuine thanks to Linda of Sketched Out for the lovely Pico Award and her kind comments as well. Linda is always encouraging and supportive of my work. A visit to Linda's blog is a guaranteed smile and more often than not, an all out belly laugh. The artwork is fabulous and her posts are so humorous and right on.

Here are the rules of the Pico Award:

1) Pick 5 blogs that you feel are deserving of this award based on their creativity, design, interesting material and their contribution to the blogging community.

2) Include the name and link of the award giver, so their blogs can be visited.

3) Include the name and link of the people you award, so their blogs can be visited also.

4) Show the link Arte y Pico, the originator of the award.

5) Publish these rules.

I agree with Linda, that it is very hard to choose just five artists whose work inspires and delights me on a daily basis. But, as my husband will tell you, I AM a rule-follower, so here goes.

Debbie Egizio has a truly inspiring blog filled with her own scrumptious art and also wonderful accessories for the home and the girl. Gorgeous eye candy here.

Elizabeth Parsons is an extraordinarily talented watercolorist (among other media) whose blog is such a treat to visit. She supplements her watercolor posts with beautiful photography. I am a little more than jealous of this gal's talent.

Leanne of La La La Illustration creates the most lovely whimsical art. Her work has an innocence, sweetness and joy, and is done with a crispness and attention to detail that is magical.

Diana Evans...now what can I say about Diana? Except...WOW...she is one of the most talented and prolific artists I have found. Every day there is a new treat to behold. And Diana doesn't stop at art...no, she wows us with scrumptious goodies for the palette. Thank you Diana, for being such an ardent supporter of my collage art.

John York has filled my comments page with wonderful encouragement since my very first posts. I hope you know John, that praise coming from a talent such as yourself means the world to me.

Truly the blogging community, not just five folks, has brightened my every day. It has been my PLEASURE to get to know each and every one of you.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Parsons said...

thanks so much for your kind words and for the award! What a nice surprise!
eBeth (Elizaebth)

Unknown said...

Hi Nancy...

thank you so much for this award...how very sweet of you...and you made my day with your kind words in this post...

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Leanne Ellis said...

Hi Nancy! Thank you SO much for this award and your lovely comments! I'm truly honoured!! x