Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Plain Jane Day


Did you ever have one of those days? One of those days when you begin to doubt that you really have any talent at all! Or that the talent you DO have dims in comparison to other artists? Well, today is my day. It began benignly enough, surfing around at artists' blogs and websites. It was great discovering new artists and seeing their beautiful work. But somewhere along the line I started to compare myself and my work to these talented folks and their beautiful work. That's about the time I started to hear that little voice in my head that says, "all YOU really do is cut and paste." I hate that little voice. But sometimes, I guess, I need that voice to push me in new directions and force me to try new techniques I have never had the courage to try. But I still hate how I feel when I hear those words in my head. Have you ever had a Plain Jane Day?

3 comments:

Ginger*:) said...

Good heavens! We ALL have had that day and will most likely have many more, but look at the wonderful comments you receive daily and take that to the little voice and say HA!

Your gift shows with each creation.

Diane Duda said...

I rarely don't have that day. Especially just lately when my ebay sales suddenly have taken a nosedive.
Let me be the little voice telling you that I love your collages. Love the soft backgrounds the lovely images and the perfect little stories you put together.
And cuttin' and pastin' ain't all that easy! I stink at it!

Mim said...

Composition is art