Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Love to Learn

In addition to creating art, I simply love to learn new art techniques. As luck would have it, a former student of mine offered to teach me one of the techniques she uses for binding books.

She gave me a list of supplies, one of which was paper. Rather than create the book with plain paper, I decided to add color and patterns with spray inks and stencils so my book pages would have backgrounds ready to go.

A warm sunny day + 90 lb watercolor paper + water mister + spray inks + stencils = book-ready paper


A few hours later, after superb guidance and clear instructions, I had created the sweetest handmade book. The addition of a simple button closure and my book is ready for journaling. Oh my, I can completely understand why I was warned..."making these books is addicting."


© Nancy Lefko

No comments: