Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fun with Foam

For many years, elementary school teachers have led their students through a printing process making stamps by "carving" into a foam meat/fruit tray with a pencil. Long forgotten, I recently re-discovered this fun process through...what else...a Facebook posting.

Interested in carving my own stamps, this was a fun way to begin. Clearly not stamps that will pass the test of longevity, they are fun just the same.

Once again, my art journal serves as a playground for testing new techniques and ideas. These foam stamps are perfect for journal pages.

My second carving may have been a bit too ambitious...choosing a face to carve proved to be a bit of a challenge. But still, she finds a happy home in my art journal.


© Nancy Lefko

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think these turned out really well, even the face. They look great in your journals.

Sueann said...

I forgot all about doing this...great reminder! Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I have to race out and buy a tray of something right this minute!! Pork chops at 11:45 a.m. ~~ well, for the sake of art, I'll do it! Love this post. Thanks so much for the inspiration. *smiles* Norma, x

Unknown said...

I really like the stamp you made. I am inspired!