Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Collections: Part Two

On a day that is overcome by WHITE, as the snowstorm rages on, I thought a light and colorful post was in order. So, without further adieu, I give you another peek at my collections. (You can see Part One here.)


My vintage apron collection shares space in the kitchen with some beautiful art from Lisa Kaus and Kelly Rae Roberts. This collection is more for show than use. My everyday apron gets the hard duty.


I love vintage clocks and this trio, including a Bakelite electric model, share the table with a vintage McCoy lamp.


Beautiful painted trays from the 1940's and '50's grace the wall of our family room. Thank you Ebay.


Of course, no artist's home would be complete without artwork from adored artists. Beauties by Mindy Lacefield and Kelly Rae Roberts (above) brighten my kitchen, while the artwork by Pam Carriker and Renee Thompson (below) graces the hall.


Thanks for stopping by on this cold and snowy day and do tell me what you collect.

9 comments:

Lisa Kaus said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing...

Heather said...

I have just finished reading your article in the artful blogging magazine...Congratulations, it was BEAUTIFUL...and you are sooo inspiring!!! xxoo

Jennifer Valentine Morford said...

Oh my goodness! I collect old clocks too...my favorite kind are called "cathedral clocks" because they are shaped like a cathedral window...
I love your beautiful way of displaying your pretty things and how sweet to see so many pieces my my sister, Kelly Rae in one spot!!!
I also collect old suitcases, toy phones and antique china and ironstone. We're running out of room.
Thank you for the peek into your home!

Jodi Ohl said...

What fun collections (I checked out your first post, too!)-love the mixture of vintage and contemporary sprinkled with your favorite artist's pieces. Thanks for the peek, Nancy!

QueenBe said...

Love your old McCoy pieces. And the clocks, too.... wonderful collections. I've been meaning to blog about my newest obsession, antique transferware, so now I just may do it tomorrow. Thanks for sharing....

i.ikeda said...

Those aprons! Lock your doors, or I may come steal them.... (just kidding! But they are tempting).

We were hit by the storm over here too, so I'm grateful for the bit of color you provided.

Sueann said...

I collect works of other artists and word subway art as well as dolls. All kinds of dolls!! Gene dolls, and Kewpie dolls and reborn dolls. Dolls! Dolls! Dolls!
Ha!
Hugs
SueAnn

Journal Swag said...

Love your blog and your collages!

Sheila

mindy lacefield said...

love your blog!!

i collect dolls...more specifically strawberry shortcake and other dolls from the 80's.

i so enjoyed seeing my work on the wall of your home....my heart is smiling!

xoxo