Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mixed Media Monday ~ BLUE & GREEN and "Mix it Up With Melange" Challenge ~ USE YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE


Busy as this summer has become, I find it necessary to be fastidious with time management...therefore I have created one piece of art to answer the calls of two challenges this week.

This mixed media piece is my response to the BLUE & GREEN prompt from Mixed Media Monday and the USE YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE IN YOUR ART prompt from Mix It Up with Melange. The quote reads, "Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark."

I encourage you to visit the challenge blogs and take part in the fun or at the very least look at all the wonderful art submitted by participants.

This collage is available in my Etsy shop.

**Note** I am honored that this piece was chosen as "Art of the Week" at Mixed Media Monday. Thank you, Gillian.

© Nancy Lefko

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, this is gorgeous! Love it! Diane

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

Wonderful, wonderful choice. And so true.

Artsnark said...

great quote & strong piece!

Ginger*:) said...

Nancy, this is powerful and beautiful. You always find the right words to accompany each fascinating piece.
I love the colors that create the perfect background for this silhouette.

Unknown said...

oh wow Nancy!!! I love this piece...what a great colour combo and the black really pops!!!

Hugs
Diana

Martina said...

Fantastic and beautiful work !

Paula J Atkinson said...

Wonderful piece of art.

Kathy said...

So nice Nancy, I love how the black just jumps out at you. Very nice...

Chrisy said...

I can hear the song from here!

Lynn Stevens said...

Love that quote goes perfect with your creation! well done!

Erin Bassett said...

Great quote! Your collage is perfect for it. :D